View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,828 Posts
Originally Posted by knason4
Ingrid, I haven't tried a true Merino, only the Merino Frappe. I haven't had the courage to spend the money on Alpaca yet, but I have had the chance to drool over it at my lys. I will have to try them both. As for the Addi turbo needles, I haven't even seen them before! Did you get them at your lys or online?
Addis are the talk of the town around here! The cord is so flexible and the needles are slick. There are available at yarn shops, but I've gotten mine on line, usually from www.yarnware.com because they have them in stock and they're fast. You can get them cheaper--there's an ebay source that's popular, but I don't do ebay. They cost more than most other needles, but they're so well made and are guaranteed for life. I consider them an investment that will be with me for the long haul.

The only ones I've had trouble with are the size 17--they're made differently from the others and the design is poor, IMHO.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote