View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #17
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

What I find funny is that I can tell you with no hesitation that my favourite crochet thread is DMC Cebelia, favourite yarn to crochet is Patons Grace, and my favourite hooks are my antique Prims {I wish I did ebay to get more of 'em}; but I can sit here for 10 minutes to try and think up the answer to this one, and still not be definitive!

I don't really like plastic needles, but I love my Denise's set. I prefer metal needles for most projects, but the bamboo dpns I bought were like silk in my hands. I haven't tried Addi's yet {I want to though!}, and I know that the stiff cord and bent joint on Boye circs drive me up a wall {go figger that Boye is the only brand of crochet hook that I will buy new, and I want to get a NM set!}.

I haven't yet found a yarn that makes me want to toss the rest of my stash, but have found many that I don't like for various reasons {too scratchy on the hands, too difficult too work with}. About half of my knitting is done with plain ol' Handicrafter cotton or with RH SS or Comfort, but that's because it's what I call "utility knitting", dishcloths, scarves, mitts, yada yada yada.

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote