View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 01:38 PM   #9
ththth
Casting On

Thanks! I get that part now. But purling with so many needles hanging around was *hard*.

Now I'm stuck on the increases:

Quote:
Row 1 of increase: K8(10,10,12), knit the next stitch through the back along with the wrapped loop around its base. (I do this by picking up the loop on the point of my right hand needle, then knitting the loop and the stitch together), yf, slip next stitch knitwise onto the right needle. Turn work.

Row 2: Yf, (wrapping the yarn around the slipped stitch so that there are now TWO wraps at its base), slip the just-wrapped stitch, p8(10,10,12), purl the next stitch along with the loop wrapped around its base, slip next stitch purlwise (keeping the yarn in the front of the work). Turn work.

Row 3: Yf (wrapping the yarn around the base of the slipped stitch), slip the just-wrapped stitch, k14, knit the next stitch through the back of the loop along with the two loops wrapped around its base, yf, slip next stitch knitwise onto right needle, k9(11,11,13), turn work.

Continue in this manner, working across the rows, knitting through the back of the loop (or purling on purl side rows) the next slipped and reserved stitch along with all loops around its base; then slipping and wrapping the stitch after it until you have "reclaimed" all of the reserved stitches and all 11(12,13,14) stitches on each needle are again "live."
On row 1, when I should be picking up the loop, does it matter how I pick it up? I mean, I could pick it up slightly from the front and up, or I could pick it up slightly from the back and under...hard to explain...

On row 1 I k8 and on row 2 I p8, but then on row 3 it says to k14 and then later to k9? Should it be that way? And how would row 4 look then?

I'm lost again...
ththth is offline   Reply With Quote