View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
margie
Instepping Out

sock question- dividing stitches for heel flap
Hello!!

I am knitting my FIRST sock on dpns!!! It has been going very well, and I am so excited about it! I am stuck though, on something frustratingly simple. I've looked for my answer, and can't seem to find it, probably because it's so simple! I have knit my cuff and leg of my sock, and am ready to divide the stitches for the heel flap. I have 64 stitches total on my needles- I need 32 on one needle, and 16 on the other two. Right now I have 24-20-20. If you are looking at the picture, the needle on the top is the one with 24 stitches on it. My working yarn is coming off of the right hand side. I don't understand how I am supposed to divide the stitches. Do I slip stitches from the needle closest to the working yarn, or from the other end? If I transfer from the needle closest to the working yarn, the yarn will be in the middle of the needle. The pattern calls for the first row of the heel flap to be on the right side- S/1, K1 across- and no matter what I do, I seem to be on the wrong side. I hope this makes sense.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sock_147.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	26847  Click image for larger version

Name:	opal_sock.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	26848  
margie is offline   Reply With Quote