View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
bethie
Ribbing the Cuff

circular needles question
Hello, I am starting to lose my fear of circular needles Although I haven't tried them yet .......

Anyway, I was browsing online and came across "knit knack kit"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/081...books&n=283155

It seems to be a kit (minus the yarn, I'm sure they wouldn't have splurged and put in nice non-acrylic yarn anyway) that has circular needles, stitch markers, a few other supplies, and a dozen or so project cards to use the circular needles with.

Now the kit got mixed reviews on the instructional matter, but I can cast on, knit, purl, and bind off very comfortably on straight needles. I am currently making dish clothes for mother's day. One has a cat on it, the other a dog. Then I'll make some striped ones (www.knittingknonense.com for the patterns)

Anyway, basically my question is this: has anyone tried this kit? I thought it might be good to buy a kit with circular needles with circular needle project cards already included.

OR should I just buy my own circular needles and scrouge around for patterns? I definitely want something simple to try on the circular needles (no scarves please!) and like the idea of seamless knitting, in case I ever get brave and try to make a sweater, fancier hat, or mittens/gloves.

What do y'all think?

-Beth
bethie is offline   Reply With Quote