Thread: Sizing
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 05:03 PM   #10
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

Maybe you can do an adult version of what I do with my kids in September of every year... it's a list of favourites and dislikes, and all of their measurements. They know that this is how I will decide on their Christmas and birthday presents for the following year, as well as my meal-planning {fave and hated foods are included as well}. The part that would relate to what you are doing is to get favourite colours and textures {some of this you may already know}, as well as any allergies. The measurements and foods as well would come in handy. If you put all this information on an index card, along with anniversary and birthdates, it becomes an invaluable reference for any occasion you might have. Getting a "listing" like this wouldn't clue the person in to what you have in mind, and also lets the person know that you really care about what they like and don't.

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote