View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 01:33 AM   #5
melissa.atkins
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to melissa.atkins Send a message via Yahoo to melissa.atkins Send a message via Skype™ to melissa.atkins
When I cook, I do it for the day... I grew up in a family where my dad is a doctor and my mom is a nurse... meaning... my dad told my sisters and I EVERYTHING about contamination and how long some meals are good for... Somehow just by tasting he would know when rice was from the day before, or if the beef had been frozen longer than it should... he told me everything about bacteria and fungus growing overnight in cooked rice and how bad it is to re-use oil...

My ex-bf's mom used to cook meals for a whole week and freeze them all... whenever someone wanted to eat, they would use the microwave and eat... they did the same thing for over 7 or 8 years... three years ago she was diagnosed with colon cancer, two months after that with liver and stomach cancer... she passed away 11 months after the first diagnose...
There is no way to know if the frozen food, excess in the microwave use or simply a gen caused it... just in case it had something to do with it, I always share this with people I care for...