View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
silveridger
1st Leg of the Journey

Help with baby cardigan
I am soooo bad, I just ordered the hemp yarn from Lanaknits to make the baby's pure & simple cardigan from Weekend Knitting. It seems like a simple pattern, but if anyone has already made one of these, I have a question.

It starts off with instructions for the back, no problem there. Next section is titled "Left Front." It starts off with the very first line after the title saying "work same as back until piece measures 3" from beginning...." It can't be the same as the back for a cardigan, can it? The left front section is followed by the right front, which indicates the same thing. The illustration and photo show a pretty regular looking cardigan with buttons down the front, how can the left and right fronts be the same # of sts as the back? The diagram shows the cardigan back at 10" and the cardigan front at 4.5" :thinking: . I've tried Google for errata info, I must be looking under the wrong criteria.

Should I just trust the pattern??? Overthinking? ( at Ingrid's siggy)

Edited to clarify the question: there are no numbers given regarding how many stitches to cast on for the left front, although the diagram shows that the fronts are narrower than the back is.
Saturday Market Bags (2 at once!), Magknits
silveridger is offline   Reply With Quote