View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 07:21 AM   #9
Cristy
Instepping Out

Woohoo!! Other bibliophiles!!! I listend to audio books and knit too...it started with the Debbie Macomber books A Good Yarn and The Shop on Blossom street (just not in that order!). I had just started knitting and wanted to read them badly...I couldn't put down the needles to pick up a book so I downloaded them to my ipod. Many of you know that I work with students with autism--well one of my long time kiddos (my first student and he graduated on Friday!!!) really reads well but doesn't comprehend very well--we started working on the technique of visualizing (since that's really what comprehension is all about) and found that for him, listening to the stories helps him to visualize them--his eyes aren't distracted by the words...anyhow...I read my next books with him--Eragon and Eldest. Then I downloaded To Hell with all that...Livin and Loving your inner housewife by Caitlin Flanagan. I haven't finished it yet--I got interested in it after hearing a radio interview with her....and I've also downloaded By the Rver Piedra I sat down and wept by Paulo Coelho. I don't know anything about the last one but I loved The Alchemist so I thought I'd give it a try!
Sorry to ramble on....it's so good to hear that there are others who listen to books while they knit!

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote