View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #13
newamy
Working the Gusset

Oh I love to read... But knitting does interfere. A very good series- which if you chose to listen to on tape is appropriate for all ears is the the Number 1 Lady's Detective agency. I think there are now 6 books in the series and they are by Alexancer McCall Smith. They are set in Botswana. The stories are simple yet touch on what is really important in life. They are quick enough reads that you might be able to make time to actually read them instead of listening.

I love the already mentioned Sue Grafton and Janet Evonovich. Carloyn Hart's Death on Demand books are really good and is now quite an extensive series. I like April Henry as well. Her first mystery was Circles of Confusion. Followed by Square in the Face, Heart shaped box and Buried Diamonds---shape themed titles. She has some stand alone books as well.

If you really are addicted to reading I will suggest the following web site: www.bookcrossing.com Where there are loads of on line book discussions and you can find out where to find books in your commnity that have been released and are now "free".

Happy reading

I'm newamy on
newamy is offline   Reply With Quote