View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
Ellen Edwards
Working the Gusset

Yes--I do struggle with it, and I have since I was in my mid-thirties. I've lost and gained I don't know how many pounds, but I couldn't keep it off. The last time, I lost 75pounds-- down to my goal weight--that was 6 years ago...and I have watched it slowly climb in the last 6 months or so ( I'm 5'2--every ounce shows on me!) and I've gained 17 pounds....UGH!!! It's not a huge thing yet--but if I keep letting it come pound by pound--it'll be that way!!

So THANKS, Celine!!!! --I'm going to check that website out and bookmark it!! I'll see if I can STOP THE INSANITY!! before it has gotten completely away from me! I'm 56, and at this age, my doctor says, it's natural to gain--especially with some of the meds I have to take for life, so I need all the support I can get..

I hope joy is at the beginning of that website--I need to control my eating, but more than that--I need to exercise, and I have Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Anti-Social Anxiety Disorder--(just to name a few things) so sometimes, it's excruciatingly painful for me to step out my door--other times, when I'm with my dh or ds, I can do it ok....it's a lotta things--but no more than anyone eles'. We all have things we deal with, and things we want to work on..and I'm looking forward to this website. I need all the support I can get...because when I'm stressed or depressed or in pain, my addiction is food. (and yarn, of course!!)

I, too, am a Christian,Celine, and I'm very proud and humbled and glad to say that the blood of Jesus Christ saved me,too, and the thought of NOT knowing that there is a God who loves me, and is there when I pray to HIM, well, it scares me!!

OTN--Just socks right now. Not good at more than 1 thing at a time!
Ellen Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote