View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #7
VickiIL
Turning the Heel

I struggle with just about 5-10 vanity pounds that I lose and then it manages to find me again! LOL

However I was part of a program that I really believe in when it comes to food, weight loss and health. My church offered a "class" that was called Extreme Makeover God's Way. (or something like that) It is based on a book by Dr. Ben Lerner called Body by God. I haven't read the book but it looks great. The class had its own workbook that you worked through daily. The nutritional information was excellent as well as the info on exercise and accountability of the group was wonderful as well. I have to say we have made a number of changes to our regular diet and exercise routine for our entire family. I have lost that pesky 10 lbs and am keeping it off without counting calories etc. And even my dh who didn't buy into this whole thing has lost and is now completely on board. Not to mention how our health has improved (My son's ADHD has dramatically improved.) If you could find the class in your area I would HIGHLY recommend it. It is often done at local churches as well as in christian chiropractors offices. The website has a database of chiropractors that give the class.

www.bodybygod.com
sockettes in KP Bare tweed

Crocheting:
Fat Bottom Bag from SNB - Crochet

Reading:
Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan
VickiIL is offline   Reply With Quote