View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
cheesiesmom
Turning the Heel

Seamless baby sweater
I'm making this seamless baby sweater: http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babysweyokecard.htm

It's knitted from the neckline down and the stitches are divided for the sleeves. I'm to the point where I put the sleeve stitches on holders and that's where I'm getting confused. The directions are:

Repeat these two rows 4 (5) more times. (190 )(216) sts, putting sleeves on holder on the last (WS) row.

Next Row (RS): *Work to within 2 sts of marker, increase in next st, K 1, remove marker, CO 4 sts under arm, remove marker, increase in next st*; work across the back and repeat between stars (130) (150) sts

When I put the sleeves on the holders, do I not knit those stitches? That would bring the last stitch on the front together with the first stitch on the back. That made sense until you read the direction: Work to within 2 sts of marker, increase in next st, K 1, remove marker, CO 4 sts under arm, remove marker. Those four CO stitches are picked up with the sleeve stitches to knit.

I understand this concept, and it seemed pretty simple until I started doing it. I didn't knit the sleeve stitches on the last row, and there is a little gap in the yarn but if I continue, the fronts and back will be one continuous piece. However, if I knit the sleeve stitches onto a holder, (1) they'll be the wrong gauge and (2) the sleeve won't be separated out.

Can someone explain???
cheesiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote