View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #4
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
oh, jenelle, that is just horrible. :( I'm in Florida and it seems like every other week another horrid cruelty to pets story comes up in the news. Not very long ago, there was someone going around and shooting cats with a bow and arrow. I remember one of them, I think they named her "Lucky" had an arrow clear through her abdomen and survived and was later adopted by a loving family. The level of cruelty and disregard for living things that humans are capable of is an abomination.

Rant over. I had a cat, Elijah, several years ago who I rescued from a parking lot at work. He was full grown, so I was not able to "domesticate" him into a house cat, although he mastered getting big and fat quite quickly. One night I was paged at work by my room-mate to find out that Elijah had come in the house and started seizing. By the time I got home, it was entirely too late, he had passed in a matter of minutes. Necropsy revealed he was poisoned, and not by a plant.

While I was still living there, I set up an invisible fence for my other cat along the perimeter of our place, which was of decent size, to keep her safe. It worked very well, yet she was still able to "sow her wild oats" a bit and get outdoors. Not sure what your living arrangement is like, but that could be something to consider to keep your babies within a safe distance. It's a shame we even have to worry about such things. :(

I'm so glad to hear she is going to be okay and she has you to nurse her back to health.

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote