View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #9
miccisue
Turning the Heel

You don't know how much I needed to hear a story by someone who loves their pets!

Last night, we were sitting in our backyard getting ready to do our little home version of fireworks, when a beautiful young dog comes barrelling into our yard. Fortunately, we have a dog of our own, so he slowed down to sniff the ground. I got him to come to me, and we tied him up. Pretty soon, fireworks started going off, and he was in quite a state. We kept him pretty calm, but didn't know what we were going to do with him. Hubby called the police and left a description in case anyone called them looking for him, we put him in a spare crate....and still have him today. I've called the animal shelter, both vets, radio stations....and nothing.

I am so hoping that someone will get off their duff and call one of these places looking for their pet. He's a real sweetie - and I hate to take him to the shelter as ours isn't a "no kill" facility. I couldn't bear the thought of him being put down simply because his owners were jerks. He's wearing a collar, but no tags to identify him. It just makes me want to cry....the poor scared baby, and it doesn't appear anyone is looking for him. :crying:
miccisue is offline   Reply With Quote