View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 03:08 PM   #89
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by Born on 4 of 7
this is a fun topic. My screen name is pretty simple, Born on 4 of 7, cause I was born on the 4th of July. My mom will never let me forget that she missed a heck of a BBQ the day I was born.
Haha, I'm such a dork, I always thought your name was a Star Trek reference. From The Next Generation on, the Borg became a major influence, and they identified themselves with number designations, since they were the ultimate collective. So "4 of 7" would mean that you were the 4th member of a group of 7.

My dorkiness gets better, though--the officiant at my wedding used to dress up as a Next Generation character (Guinan, played by Whoopie Goldberg) and go to conventions. So when we first met to discuss my wedding, I begged her to wear her Guinan hat, and she did! :rofling:

Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
It's gotten to the point, though, where people think my name REALLY is hildegard... or Hildie. Who is this Carolyn person?????
Your name isn't really Hildegard? I think you need to change that. Yeah. Hildie really fits you for some reason.
Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
Yeah, I like Hildegard :-) It's so..... German-opera-singer-sounding Just picture me knitting with a helmet, blond braids down to my waist and a big old bronze sheild slung around my back!
If you haven't done that for Halloween yet, you should.
Originally Posted by jamadian75
Next we'll find out Ingrid's name is really Ethel or something.
I know, and then my world will collapse.
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver
My name doesn't really have a backstory. I just thought "Hey, DreamWeaver's a pretty name, and it just stuck ^_^. But now that I see all of these stories, I might make a username with a story :rollseyes:
I think you should make a story for the username instead. :D

This thread has been so fun to read! I love it!

My name has kind of a long story to it, as well. My first name is Aimie (wierd spelling, I blame my mother's free-spirited thinking in the early 70s). When I was little, she would call me "Aimie my love" and it would get shortened to "aimalah" and then "ayla". Ann was my grandmother's name, but I thought it was spelled with an E for a long time, and I like how putting the e on my name makes it an even number of letters.

I almost always use this screenname when I sign up for websites. And people do call me ayla in real life.

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote