View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
want2knit
Knitting the Flap

Well, I just met someone yesterday for the first time, and they knit too! I was attending a party of my son's baseball team. We had all gathered together and were waiting to head to the ball field to watch a minor league play, when it started downpouring, thundering and lightning. Needless to say, we weren't going to walk to the game at that point! So as everyone moved inside and settled, I started talking to this woman and commented that I had asked my husband if I should bring my knitting with me (I can only tolerate watching BB for so long!), she looks at me and says "I brought mine!" I died laughing, told my husband (he just rolled his eyes and shook his head) and then we ended up chatting about knitting. She has been knitting since she was about 5 or 6, her mom taught her. She showed me the little baby cardigan she was working on, and it was beautiful. I ended up telling her about this site, and how I just started learning to knit, and the videos on here that are so helpful. She told me to check out marymaxim too for free patterns and stuff. Anyway, turns out this woman lives very close to me as our sons are in the same school district, so I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of each other. She told me to call her if I ever need a "knitting hotline"! I thought it was too cool. I never met another knitter in person! Anyway, that's my story.
Completed since June '06: The Amanda Hat, Urchin hat, Seaman's cap, Socks - Monkey (one done),Socks - Pretty Petals,Socks - modified version of Int'l Rib of Doom,Keyhole scarf,Socks for Sockintine Swap,Tychus - miserable failure,My So Called Scarf,Fetching,one sock from Silver's tutorial
I am want2knit on RAVELRY
want2knit is offline   Reply With Quote