View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
GigiGirl
Casting On

What to do after you turn the heel?
I have been knitting for a little over two years. I have made several baby blankets, scarfs and afghans. I even finished a sweater a few weeks ago, but until last week, I had never attempted knitting in the round. I saw a stocking that I loved at a knitting shop and bought the pattern. I was able to figure it out and in two hours, I had the leg finished, the heel turned and then I was stuck.

Here are the following instructions: Instep Gussett - With MC and a 3rd dpn knit across the 18 sts for the instep, keeping 9 sts on each dpn when done. With the 3rd dpn, knit up 10 stiches along the side of the heel flap: 1st for each "valley" in the edge. With the circular K, across the bottom of the heel, placing a blue marker in the middle of the 12 sts to mark the beg/end of the rds.

What I don't understand is the part that says "With the 3rd dpn, knit up 10 stiches along the side of the heel flap: 1st for each "valley" in the edge" What do I knit it to? Do I slid the 3rd dpn into the stiches and knit it to the stiches of the instep? I am VERY CONFUSED!!! Can somebody help me?

Thanks,

Gigi
GigiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote