View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #10
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by cookworm
Yes! I have this book at home, actually (Trinny and Susannah are hilarious!!!), and when I see that their show is on, I'll watch.
I like the BBC show, too, though they do get awfully repetitive and can be too way dogmatic -- I hate when they make people cry. Sometimes, though, I just think they're just off the mark... whenever Trini does her dress and pants thing I want to groan.

I agree with you that it's a great strategy to stick with "timeless" apparel that fits well, and looks good on you. I've got a closetful of suits that I haven't touched since I started working at home, but if I ever do have an office job again, I know I won't need to buy a new wardrobe. More than that, I know that I'll feel just as terrific wearing those outfits years from now as I did when I bought them. (That just goes to show that "timeless" doesn't have to mean boring -- Audrey Hepburn's style was a great example of this.)

I don't think you necessarily need to get a huge overhaul right away. Why not just buy pieces as you find them? I think I'd rather take my time and build up a solid wardrobe than trying to get everyting all at once and possibly making some compromises by doing so.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote