View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #13
hedgehog
Knitting the Flap

Location: mind, heart and body in Oxford, England... and i follow The 'Grid on tour...
Yea! Hiya to all the new posters on this thread!

It's nice to see how many NC knitters we have.

For those in the Greensboro area - there are two other shops that are really good.

Yarns, etc which is in downtown Greensboro on the corner of Elm and Washington (i think that's the corner.. i know it's on Elm for sure). It has lots of nice yarns AND stuff for spinning, including wheels, roving and classes. It's quite a large shop and there is a sister shop in Cary (?), i think.

This and That is probably my favorite shop in G'boro - it's the little yellow/white house near the corner of Elm and Cornwallis (on Cornwallis in between Church and Elm). It's small and a little pricey, but it's a beautiful shop full of yarn, yarn, and more gorgeous yarn! It's a little more on the luxury end of yarns, i think, although they do have all sorts. They also have classes and gathering nights (although i've never been). They also carry all sorts of fancy buttons and other notions as well as hand made jewelry and other local crafts. It's a real "gift-y" shop. Try it, but beware of it's addictive properties!

I used to hang out at A.C. Moore all the time too. I can spend HOURS in that place!! But i don't work near there anymore so i'm not there as often.. and my wallet can tell the difference!!

-hh

On Needles: Bobby from Rowan's Tadpoles and Tiddlers in KP Shine Sport on indefinite hold...
Reading: The God of Small Things by A. Roy
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote