View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 12:14 AM   #1
Evelynne
Ribbing the Cuff

WIP - One-of-a-Kind Throw
This is not quite an FO. The knitting part is done, but now I have to sit down and sew all the ends into the throw so I am calling it a WIP (if there is a thread that exists on this forum which provides good tips on how to finish this smoothly, please advise!). This is my first throw.

This was a kit from Dragonpine Designs, an in-house pattern design company at my local knitting shop, London Yarns, in London (Hyde Park), Ontario. http://www.londonyarns.com/index.php...=59&Itemid=106

Each kit has been specially hand-picked and arranged in a gorgeous array of colour and texture to delight the senses! I purchased "Greenleaves" and following the Scallops pattern included, the yarns in this afghan are : Mission Falls wool, Ara, Galaxy, Daina, Evita, Philosophers, Mohair "Green" and Mohair "Grey/Green." The instructions call for adding strands at each end using the leftover yarn, but I like the Lion Brand scalloped edging so much as it, I do not think I will add fringes. Instead, I am going to use the leftover yarn to create a funky matching pillow.

I also purchased a kit called "Amber" which has all gold and brown coloured yarns in it - I have started it, but do not have enough knitted to show online just yet.

Cheers!

Evelynne
A pair of slippers
Evelynne is offline   Reply With Quote