View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
Mama2Chloe
Casting On

Help with instructions please
Hi, I'm making my first diaper cover and I don't understand this part of the directions:
Currently, the needle should have (and has! yippee!) 46 stitches on the needle.
"Bind off 2 stitches at the beginning of the next 8 rows, i.e. at both edges of the work.....After decreases you are left with 14 stitches on the needle"
This indicates that actually, I'd be decreasing by 4 on each row in order to decrease 32 stitches in 8 rows. Am I supposed to bind off the first two stitches and then bind off the LAST two on each row? Seems they would have worded that differently.
For now, I just binded off 2 at the beginning of each row and just took more rows to get there (I hear this is fine and it looks alright to me for now) but I want to understand what I'm reading the CORRECT way!!!

Next, I'll be increasing (from 14 stitches) and it says:
"At both edges of the work, increase 1 stitch at the beginning of the next 3 rows. Then also at both edges of the work, cast on 3 stitches once at the end of the row, using a loop cast on. You have now added 6 stitches at each edge of the work and have 26 stitches on the needle."

It is confusing when it says "at both edges" and then "beginning" in the same sentence. Can someone translate this for me please?

Thanks!
Mama2Chloe is offline   Reply With Quote