Thread: "Break" yarn?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #3
madametj
Working the Gusset

Re: "Break" yarn?
Originally Posted by cookworm
This probably isn't a really technical question, but can anybody tell me why all the patterns I read specifically say to break the yarn when you're at a point to be finished with the product and weave in ends (as opposed to cutting the yarn)? Does breaking the yarn make a difference somehow to cutting it?

Also, I lost ANOTHER knitting needle somewhere in the house, and I'm LIVID!!!!!!! This is the second needle I lost (the first one was a straight--the first pair of knitting needles I bought for myself--and the second is a set of circulars; both are bamboo...is there a pattern here???) Does anybody else lose needles, or is it just me? I'm so bummed--I needed that circular to finish my hat, and now I can't! I feel like I'm losing my mind! I've looked everywhere I can think of, but no luck.
i've lost needles several times, but always seem to find them. one time in particular i can remember, the needle was missing for weeks, and i discovered a hole in the couch under the cushion. reaching my hand deep into the hole, i found the needle among the springs

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote