View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
TSB
Casting On

Need help with shoulder/neck shaping
I am attempting to make my first sweater(cardigan) and to follow my first pattern. I have almost completed the back piece and it has gone quite well but mostly because I have used Amy's wonderful videos to help me when I had to do something new. Unfortunately, I am now truly stuck and need some advice. The pattern reads as follows for shoulder and neck shaping:

Quote:
Bind off 6 sts at beg of next row, knit until there are 11 sts on right hand needle. Turn and bind off 4 sts, purl to end. Bind off rem sts.

Rejoin yarn, cast off center 24 sts, knit to end. Complete to match first side, reversing shaping.
I need some help understanding these instructions. I followed the first bind off intructions, turned my work and began the second bind off inst. but got scared because it looked strange and I wasn't sure I was on the right path. I have no idea how to do the second paragraph "rejoin yarn etc.". Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't have any friends that knit so I must rely on the kindness of strangers.

Thank you,
Tracy
TSB is offline   Reply With Quote