View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 02:13 AM   #147
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

OMG I don't even know where to START.

First of all, in case you can't tell SHANDEH is THE hostest with the mostest. She's one of the sweetest people ever - super accomodating, super generous and as thoughtful a person as I have EVER met. Ever. And that's no exxageration - kisses and hugs to Shandeh. She came bearing coupons and free lunch cards and shuttled us all around like a little herd of sheep.

Lestrella and Lissalue were amazing too. Both sweet, easy to talk to, fun to be around and nice as all get out. Truly. The MOST enjoyable part of the day - yes, the yarn petting included - was how at home everyone was. We had an amazing time together - it was like getting together with old friends.

The yarn store - was my absolute FAVORITE so far in Charlotte without question. Look at that GLEAM in my eye! Shandeh's cousin has the perfect environment there - it's literally a little house, there's different kinds of yarn in every room with plenty of places to be and sit and knit and I loved every minute of being there. The staff was accomodating and helpful too - I almost feel like we took the place over. I bought a BUTTLOAD of yarn but I personally feel like I made out like fat rat. I bought tons of Debbie Bliss and Karabella - and a gorgeous skein of sock yarn and just - gosh, I can't even remember it all. It's still in my trunk hiding from the accountant I live with. :D I also got some books I was hoping to get my hands on from BN - the Debbie Bliss Baby Knits for Beginners and another one with a ton of sock patterns. I'm actually swatching for one of the patterns from the Debbie Bliss book now (with STASH yarn - can you believe? ).

I ran out of steam toward the end of the day. I just woke up from a nap so I hope no one found me anti-social there at the end, because I definitely enjoyed everyone's company immensely and I can't WAIT to do it again.

We have to actually KNIT next time. I have a feeling lestrella's a pro and doesn't even know it, and there's a thing or two I KNOW I want to pick Shandeh and Lissalue's brains about....for sure.

And sorry to run off on y'all at Cottage - as y'all can tell I LOSE IT around yarn.

I'll post the pics of my haul tomorrow when the light is better in my house. Or as soon as I can safely take it out of my trunk - whichever happens first.

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
knitting4babybear is offline   Reply With Quote