After I finished the scarf I took the cut off tails from the practice swatch I made from the first ball and the remainder of the second ball and looked at them. I discovered that the color was more saturated in the first ball and the color lengths were longer. So, the second ball was a little less saturated and the color lengths were shorter. I think that changed the way the colors fell in the pattern. These two balls were supposed to be the same dye lot, so I am not sure how this is possible.
I still like my scarf even if it is a little odd looking
. It's nice and cozy warm, which is good today since it's only about 10 degrees outside!