Here's how the girl made up the pattern for the guinea pig dress rebecca mentioned!
1. Measure your guinea pig.
There are five key measurements that determine a good fit
* From neck to "tail" (#1).
* Around neck - at midway up the neck (#2).
* Chest between front legs (#3).
* From neck to underarm (#4).
* Chest - around the widest part of the chest (#5).
2. Write down all measurements. And make a real-size paper detail
3. Using the needles you have chosen for your weight yarn, make 10cm x 10cm examples of your knitting:
- of your chosen pattern stitch and determine the st and row gauge;
- or in stockinette stitch, or in your chosen pattern stitch.