View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
noejusti
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi,
I knit for a charity called Stitches From the Heart. It is a charity group in Santa Monica, California that makes and accepts knitted or crochet items for premature babies in neonatal intensive care units across the country. They also accept donations of yarns, needles, etc, or money. (They also state in their brochure that contributions also help add purpose to the lives of elderly volunteers who make items to help these infants.) Their email is: StitchFromHeart@aol.com which has more information. They accept donations mailed from anywhere and they ship to all different hospitals around the country. They also know a lot of other people who have started their own charity groups. I would search for them and other groups on the internet, or give them an email and see what they say.

They have brochures with different patterns in them, and it is fun because you can pick any soft yarn and any needle and do a pattern which is going to fit an infant somewhere- no matter how tiny it is.

And it is a great way to whittle down some of your yarn stash while practicing some new stuff.

You can also check the CYCA website (www.knitandcrochet.com) where they have several charities listed such as Warm Up America! (I think that is what it's called.

Good luck with your searching!
v.
:D

noejusti is offline   Reply With Quote