Go for it!!
I admire your willingness to do this.
I live in small village in Italy and although I can buy beautiful yarns in nearby city,
there isn't basic knitting class like you are planning.
One shop offers knitting course, but their conditions are like this:
1) max. 8 persons
2) 8 weeks course and paid in advance
3) must purchase the book they offer (20 euro)
4) class is held every tuesday from 5pm to 7 pm
5) must purchase yarns from them
6) everyone must work on same project
Since I'm a complete beginner, I was really tempted to attend.
But my job requires me to work some evenings and I gave up.
If you can offer some flexible hours for the class,
that would be really great I think.
Anyway, Best Wishes !