View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
Working the Gusset
mwedzi's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,592
Thanks: 29
Thanked 90 Times in 69 Posts
Knitting Loose ruffles
So I'm trying to figure out how to knit ruffles. I don't mean very ruffly edges or anything. I know how to do that, increasing all the time.. I mean, over the main body of the piece, how to get it to, hmm, undulate? Not quite pleats, because pleats are too defined, but something along that line, where the main body of the piece gently ruffles out and in. Do you know what I mean? I can't even think of how to describe it, otherwise I could google it and if not find a knitting pattern like that, at least find a garment to show you. But yeah, trying to figure out how to knit something like that.

ETA: Okay, I just went to Anthropologie's site to search, and what I'm talking about is in fashion, so I could find lots. Look at the bottom halves of these tops and dresses:

mwedzi is offline   Reply With Quote