View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #15
Sweet_Thang
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Arielluria
Hi, I am just 10 mi. or so North of you off FM 2978 then!

I hadn't thought of Meribee's I think I know where it is, they carry a lot of needlepoint and such? Is it in Champions????????? What's the nearest cross-street? I moved away from that area a few years ago and don't go down there much now!

Maybe JJ & I can meet you @ the Barnes & Noble in Champions to knit and for coffee?!? Just a thought. I like to go to the bookstores, we can look at knitting books when we take a break
Merribee's is off of FM 1960 between the light at Hayes (There's a Target Center there) and Champions Drive. If you are traveling from 249 east, there's a road just after the light at Hayes called "Shiloh Church Road". You turn right there and she's on the left about 1/2 mile maybe. She's having a Happy Hour Sit and Knit on 4/17/07 from 5 pm to 7 pm. This is her second one. Last month was pretty good!

She does have a lot of needlepoint, but she does have alot of Yarn as well. Good mix, in my opinion. and a really nice store. That's where I learned how to knit.

Sure would love to meet you guys at the B & N. There's another group that usually meets there the last Tuesday of the month around 5:30 pm as well. I haven't been to that one yet. If you email me at ljohnson360 at houston dot rr dot com, I can give you the group information.

You do know that there's also a group that meets up at the Tomball Library on the Tomball College Campus. From what I have read in the Tomball/Magnolia Potpourri, they meet I believe the third tuesday of the month at 6 pm or so? I will have to look again. (Of course another one that I don't go to.. once I am home, I am HOME!).

My name is Lexie :-) and I am just off of 249 at Spring Cypress and North Eldridge (about 1 1/2 mile west of the Walmart. So we arent too far from each other. Althought I know where 2978 is at!! heehee Cuz I travel that road to go to Mel's Country Cafe!! whoohoo

SweetThang - pls add my as your friend!
Sweet_Thang is offline   Reply With Quote