Thread: FO: iPod cozy
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
JGM
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to JGM
FO: iPod cozy
I made this with Palette from Knitpicks. I didn't measure before I felted it, but I know that it was 29 stiches wide and 64 stitches tall (on one side). I knitted four rows of garter stitch at the top and the rest in stockinette. I started at the top of the front, knitted down, knit one row of reverse stockinette for the fold, and knitted back up the back. I seamed the sides up using mattress stitch. I stranded the red behind the white stripes as I knit across.

When I went to felt it, the strands behind the stripes felted up tighter than the stripes themselves making them pucker. I wised up just in time to snip the strands before they felted too much and that let the stripes lay flat. I let it dry on my actual iPod wrapped in saran wrap (that's why it looks weird in the last picture )

I felted it in my front load washer; I wasn't sure how it would work, but it was just fine. I don't have any experience felting in a top load washer, so I don't know if it took longer. I just put it on a cycle with hot water and threw in a pair of jeans. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipod 002.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	39675  Click image for larger version

Name:	ipod 003.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	39676  Click image for larger version

Name:	ipod 004.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	39677  

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
KER++ Exp+(+) SPM+(+) Wood@ KPO++ !Pl Boye- Cas? Den> Bam> Syn- !Nov Cot>+ Wool+++ Hemp>+ Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(+) ENT> FI+ Int+ Tex++ Lace> Felt+ Flat Circ++ DPN++ ML+>+ Swatch-@ KIP->+ Blog++ EZ->+ FO WIP GaugeF(DW, W) AltCr
------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------
JGM is offline   Reply With Quote