View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #4
JudyD
Turning the Heel

You might want to take a look at the L. L. Bean quilts. There's the Flying Geese (multicolor) pattern, Blue Star, and Green star for $149.00. There's is also a pickstitch quilt (3 or 4 solid colors) for $99.00. There are a couple of others for a bit more. Bean's is great when it comes to replacement or returns so if you're not happy with the quality you can return it...even if you've had it for a while, washed it, or whatever. The price may be a bit more than you have in mind but over the long haul it's a good investment. I've had one of their quilts on our bed for over 10 years and it's still in very good condition after multiple washings (I would not buy a quilt that has to be dry cleaned!)

A couple of years ago I had to return a slew of Christmas gifts to Bean's because one of my daughters and her husband split up just after Thanksgiving. I'm an early shopper so I had all his gifts way before Thanksgiving. I put off going to Freeport until mid-February because I just dreaded the thought of having to return that many gifts. The clerk couldn't have been nicer. She needed a reason for the returns so I told her my SIL had left the family. She said she didn't have that for a reason on the list. Then she said, "how about did not perform as expected?" I said, "That too!"

JudyD
JudyD is offline   Reply With Quote