View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
yiayiabryant
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to yiayiabryant
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
My church has a prayer shawl ministry, and so far I've only given ONE to the cause. (I gave the teal shawl I made about a year ago.)

I'm a very slow knitter, so I've been working on a burgundy prayer shawl for the past few months, in between other projects. It's made with Lion Brand Homespun yarn, which is not my favorite yarn to work with. So, it's been a real chore for me to make myself knit it.

(I was longing to work on my Debbie Bliss Pure Silk tank top instead!)

So tonight, I FORCED myself to sit down and finish the shawl.

Yay!!! I guess I'd better not knit any more of them, because my heart is just not in it. Maybe I'll be more inclined to work on them in about a year. We'll see. Until then, I'm donating ALL my Lion Brand Homespun to the ministry, so they can use it to make shawls without me.

Hi Sandy,
What a beautiful shawl. I just completed on in that same color and it took me several months. I have started using #13 needles cast on 57 and do the k3 p3 stitch. I started our group at our church last May and we have given out to date 48 shawls. I am just thankful that there are several who knit faster than I and keep the supply going. Good luck with your knitting and the Lord will let you know when to start again.
Blessings,
Maria
aka yiayiabryant
yiayiabryant is offline   Reply With Quote