Thread: Yoga... Ohm!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
ADAllen
Turning the Heel

I do a 20 minute yoga routine every morning that I absolutely LOVE. It is a podcast that you can download from iTunes or at Yogamazing. I think it is great for beginners. Chaz (the guy who does the podcast) is cheesy, but I really like him. He creates a new podcast every week with different focuses. Examples of some of my favorites are: Yoga for Headaches, Yoga for Abs, Yoga for Depression, Yoga for Dancers, and Yoga for Fat Burning. I like that it is only once a week because it gives me a chance to really work on the asanas and do my best before changing it up. I download it to my iPod and then plug my iPod into the tv, but I've done it several times just with sound and he gives really good direction and suggestions for different levels.

I can understand why some more advanced yogis wouldn't care for it. For example, Yoga for Headaches isn't the most intense exercise session, but on those weeks I do one from a previous week. I also realize that podcasts aren't always the most accessible, but if you've got an mp3 player or you can workout near your computer, I would give it a try.

ADAllen
The Kniterati
ADAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ADAllen For This Useful Post:
knitwit88 (06-22-2007)