View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #19
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

GGL, thanks for starting this thread. What a moving article! It's given me pause.

I want to share something very positive and uplifting with you all. A few months ago I came accross this incredible website www.ecocycle.org, which helps organize Zero Waste events in Boulder, CO. I'm organizing a singing event (happening this Saturday) and I decided to make it a "Green" event. We'll have compost collection! Not just for food scraps: we've bought earth-friendly, biodegradable plates, cups, and fake-plastic forks (made from potato starch), so it can all be composted. This is an event with about 100 people, and a potluck dinner on the grounds. I expect to have less than one bag of trash, and instead, several bags of compostables! Of course we'll have recycling collection as well.

I just posted more details in my blog thread.

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
We just bought a couple reusable bags at Target today!
Yay Jan!

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham

Last edited by amy : 06-27-2007 at 01:08 PM.
amy is offline   Reply With Quote