View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #7
UnspeakableJoy
1st Leg of the Journey

[quote=aineepooh1;896135]We spent a lot of time in the hospital last year and a shawl would have been such a sweet reminder that someone cares.. you can feel so alone in the hospitalQUOTE]

Aineepooh - Thank you for your compliments!! I hope everything is okay now (with the past year being in the hospital)!!

Originally Posted by redheadrachel View Post
I love it! Such a beautiful color!!! How exactly are prayer shawls used?
Rachel - Thank yoU! You can read more here, but they're used to give comfort, to people in the hospital, elder care homes, or just for someone that you care about. This to me, is what a prayer shawl does for the recipient "they wrap, enfold, comfort, cover, give solace, mother, hug, shelter and beautify."

Originally Posted by IBAmyB View Post
(If you don't mind my asking, what is the yarn?)
IBAmy - thanks!! I knit it with US16 circs and Lion brand Glitterspun in Onyx and Lion brand Colorwaves in Sunset Red.

Originally Posted by AussieYank View Post
That is beautiful - and I'm sure will be a great blessing to your friend!
Thank you AussieYank!! I just found out this evening from her husband that if she hadn't gone to the doctor on Monday, the infection would have been fatal, so we're all praying really hard for her to get better!!

Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
What a lovely gift! I hope your friend makes a full recovery soon!

Thank you auburnchick! I can't wait to tell her about everyone at KnittingHelp.com that's praying for her!

OTN: Feather-and-fan comfort shawl
UnspeakableJoy is offline   Reply With Quote