View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:19 AM   #9
knit4u
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi Marni, Nice to meet you,

I'm currently knitting a baby blanket in Plymouth's Dreambaby DK & also agree that the pattern should not have eyelets or tiny holes. After looking through various pattern books I have, I decided on a Brioche stitch, which is so easy & has a texture to it. It gives the appearance of 1x1 rib. I decided to start the blanket with 6 rows of seed stitch & begin & end each row with 5 seed stitches. This will give the blanket a nice border. The brioche pattern is an even number of stiches..first row: repeat the following *Put yarn over. Slip 1. Knit 1.* Second Row: repeat the following * Put yarn over. Slip 1. Knit 2 together.* Repeat the second row as many times as required.
I cast on a total of 118 stitches & using a Size 6 needles (which is recommended for the yarn I'm using). BTW, the color of the yarn is blue with specs of darker blue Plmouth Color # 301..I plan on making a white one next.
Let me know if you try this pattern. There are so many patterns out there, it can get overwhelming trying to decide.
Good luck with your project
Veronica