View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
Silver
Instepping Out

I had my first knitting classes!
I finally got to teach! I taught kids on Friday night, and adults on Saturday afternoon. I had one kid, and 2 adults. But I decided that I'm not going to cancel any classes due to small class size. If they want to learn, I want to teach!! All three were sooooo thankful that I didn't cancel too because their previous classes had been canceled (by the previous knitting teacher), so it worked out great.

The kid student (she's 14) had never knit before and I had her knitting in less than an hour!! (Kids learn sooooo fast.) The crazy thing is her mom is a really, really good knitter, but never wanted to teach her daughter!?! She got as far as casting on and gave up teaching her. I would LOVE it if my daughter wanted to knit!

In the adult class, one lady already had experience, so I taught her the level II stuff, while I taught the other lady level I. I had my level II'er knitting cables in no time, and level I'er knitting and purling within 2 hours.

Success!!! I had so much fun. I LOVE teaching people to knit!

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote