View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #14
Miss Moosey
1st Leg of the Journey

Today is my cast on day!!

I never stick to the recommended weights and gauges generally because I'm too cheap to spend much money on yarn and needles unless it's absolutely necessary. Therefore, I am using some red heart super saver worsted weight in frosty green for the body and #2 dpns. I knitted a gauge swatch and it actually was almost exactly right.

For the shell I got some nice dark green yarn that came in a plstic bag. The bag said that it ways made from "mill ends" or something like that, but it seems like it is strong and it's actually nice and soft. The only problem is that, though it is also worsted weight, it is slightly finer than my main color, so we'll see if this leads to a tight fitting shell (I don't have any other size dpn other than 2). Knitting the way I do (which means knitting without following the rules ) often leads to some interesting experimentation.

I'll let you know how it goes ...

Good luck to us all!
Rebecca