View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
dink
Turning the Heel

Yarn Substitution Help (New at this)
Hi everyone! While I'm working on my first pair of socks, I thought that I'd think about my next project so I can find yarn at a decent price. (Basically, anything cheap because I'm broke (my rent is more than my parents house payment--that's Southern CA life)). I probably shouldn't have gotten involved in knitting cause I can't afford it! :rofling:

Anyways, I'm wanting to make this as my first garment because it seems fairly easy:

Here's the pattern http://www.knittingpatterncentral.co...halter_top.php

Anyways, the yarn is by Southwest Trading Company, their Illusion yarn. When I go to YarnDex, the description is this:
BrandSouth West Trading Company [www] DistributorSouth West Trading Company
Yardage480 yds. Weight100g Yrn Weight Worsted Fiber Content Plant Fiber , Nylon Texture Ribbon Gauge (st. /4 in.)20 Needle Size(s) 10 US (6mm) Availability Discontinued Fall 2004 MSRP$16.00 Care

Well, considering it's been discontinued in the Fall of 2004, and the price is $16.00 ea, I'm in trouble.

I'm wondering if anyone could help me find a different yarn, similar to this, but that isn't too sheer because as it's a halter, I'd like to try and wear it without dealing with the hassles of a strapless bra, but I don't want to have to "worry" either (ladies, you understand)

If anyone could give me suggestions on a yarn that's similar, at preferably a cheaper price, I'd greatly appreciate it!

dink is offline   Reply With Quote