View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
redheadrachel
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to redheadrachel
Adjusting my pattern
Hey everyone. I'm working on a sweater. The original pattern has it done in broken rib, so they don't have to worry about making a border so it doesn't curl - I'm adjusting the pattern so the main part of the sweater is in stockinette, but with a 2 inch k1 p1 border.

I've never done neck shaping before, but the pattern says:
LEFT FRONT: Cast on 37 (41, 45, 49) sts. Work as for back until front measures 17 (19, 20, 22)" from beg, ending with a RS row. Shape neck: Bind off 7 sts at beg of next WS row. Work 1 row. Bind off 0 (3, 5, 7) sts at neck edge. Cont dec 1 st at neck edge every RS row 6 (5, 5, 5) times, working decs 3 sts in from neck edge -- 24 (26, 28, 30) sts rem. Work even, if necessary, until front measures same as back to shoulders. Bind off all sts.

Since I have to add a 2 inch ribbing, where will I add the ribbing at? I can't figure it out without doing it, and trial and error would mean I'd have to probably end up ripping out a lot of stitches. Can someone please help me? I THINK I will be doing the 2 inch ribbing at the beginning of the WS row...

"An excellent woman, who can find? She is far more precious than jewels . . . She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." - Proverbs 31:10;13
I'm a knitter for Jesus!
redheadrachel is offline   Reply With Quote