View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
nascardudette
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi Nell ..
I would love to participate in a local charity knitting group, would be cool if we discovered some more locals.

I am still very new to the area/Texas as I moved here 10/05 from California. I lived there all my life, so my social circle was HUGE .. here not so much.

It would be nice if we had a local yarn store or even bookstore .. I suppose Deerwood is the closest? And Twisted Yarn for the LYS, but for a quick sit and knit that is a bit of a drive.

Right now I am working on 6x9 squares for the injured soldiers http://www.Rectangle6x9.org It is a great charity and it allows me to be creative and produce quick items, I am on my 3rd square in about a week. I also knit baby caps for charity - I was deliver them to Texas Childrens Hospital (TCH). And I LOVE making wrist warmers (fingerless gloves) but have not yet found a good resource for them.

OH and last .. I volunteer at H.A.A.M and talked to them about needs and they say that they could use the childrens caps for the Season of Sharing project. I was thinking maybe FamilyTime, another local agency could also use the handmade items as they receive and place families in need.

So that is what I know .. sorry for the late response - I didn't have this thread linked to my email .. I DO NOW.

Be happy to hear your ideas!!

Kanda

"May your day be special and filled with joy."
nascardudette is offline   Reply With Quote