View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
redheadrachel
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to redheadrachel
Elizabeth Zimmerman?
Hey everyone! I really love knitting, and want to get better at understanding construction of things like sweaters, socks, etc. so I can basically learn how to come up with own patterns, custom fit, and improvise to my liking. I especially love traditional looking knitting, though I will sometimes mix it up with contemporary patterns, colors, etc. I am planning on buying Vogue Knitting, but I'm looking for some good books on construction, formulas for garments, and traditional techniques. I also enjoy intelligent, witty writing styles that are fun to read, but are first and foremost informative. Do you think Elizabeth Zimmerman's books (and maybe DVDs) would be a good choice for me, or should I look elsewhere? Any books in particular that you'd recommend? (You know, to hold me over until Silver or ContiKnitter write their books...) Thanks!

"An excellent woman, who can find? She is far more precious than jewels . . . She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." - Proverbs 31:10;13
I'm a knitter for Jesus!
redheadrachel is offline   Reply With Quote