View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 01:16 AM   #10
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
Oh, I also use Seventh Generation products. I use their TP and their Paper Towels. I do rarely use paper towels in an effort to not add more stuff out into the world but when I do they work just fine. The TP has not been a huge change for me either.

I don't use the detergent products because I still have some to go through. I do want to try making my own laundry detergent though. I also got some dishsoap from Whole Foods that is refillable. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head at the moment but I will edit this when I get home on Sunday (or Monday) to let you know.

I have switched to Ecover Fabric softener too. It smells delicious and my clothes feel just as soft as they do with the big name brand stuff. I am very pleased with this product!

I am also trying to switch many of my cleaning products to Vinegar and Baking soda. Works like a charm and no nasty allergens.

Oooh... and the COOLEST thing ever was using vinegar and baking soda to unclog a slow drain. Lemme tell ya... My bathroom sink was VERY slow. I read a tip to put baking soda down the drain, put white vinegar down after it, and close the drain for a minute or so. So I tried it. After you do that you are supposed to run hot water through it for a bit. Let me say that my drain has NEVER run so clear. I also plunged it a bit to see if I could get any residual stuff out and boy did I. So gross and yet I was just giddy with the results...lol.

Oh another thing you can do with all those dish clothes you like to knit... Use them at the end of your swiffer type mops. This will allow you to wash out the cloth when you are done and not add more of those cleaning clothes into the world.

must stop now cuz i am pretty sure I am not following Jan's rules for this thread...sorry.
auburnchick (08-10-2007)