View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:03 PM   #17
feministmama
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by newamy View Post

For years we have used cloth table napkins. Instead of paper. Avaialble at any department store, Goodwill or even garage sales. Several styles need ironing-but I don't bother. Just wash dry and fold and put in a basket on the table. They don't always match each other either. I just choose ones I like when I buy more. Which is not very often, they last for years. I've been considering knitting some linen ones for nice meals...or one could sew themselves napkins.My husband uses a push mower, the kind with a rotating blade. Like they used in the old days. We've used that for 10 years now. We do have a relatively small lawn in the front and the back. These are available at hardware stores-usually smaller independent ones. Here is a link http://www.cleanairgardening.com/reelmowers.html for some. No mowing over electric cords. No gas to buy. The emissions from gas mowers are worse than from cars.
I still have my son's old cloth diapers. We use them for napkins. So soft and washable. Also have a push mower (gotta get the blades sharpened ) We have a car but I use the bus a lot and my son's dad rides his bike everywhere. I would love to get a car that runs on vegitable oil. Anyone know how to do that? There;s a way to clean up old McDonalds fryer oil and use it do drive cars. You smell like french fries but it burns clean. Either that or an electric car.
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote