Thread: The PJ Bandit
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #30
Luvmyrottnboy
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
Goodness! The funny part of the story was the retrieval of the dog. Y'all have managed to pull out one thing and totally turn it on me. I don't find disciplining a dog funny. It's work. And I am doing that work in many areas of my dog training (teaching them not to jump on people, housetraining, etc.). The collar is one tool in the yard training.

I have two collars. One collar's battery wasn't working, so I could not use it immediately on the little one. The other collar was working, so I thought if I put it on the older dog, and if he didn't go under the fence, the younger one would follow suit. The other collar apparently had a dead battery too. But the night before I found out, I had ordered new batteries (which arrived last night...two days!).

As you can see, I was trying. I had blocked the hole, and the dogs had not disturbed anything. Oh, and the next door neighbors behind me are very nice and non-judgmental.

Once again, and I should have learned my lesson way before this, I must be careful what I post. Even the most innocent post is liable to draw criticism. That makes me very sad.

Aw don't feel bad! To be honest, my very first thought was "hey, what's up with that?" but it can happen to best of us...I sure as heck NEVER thought it would happen to me! Twelve foot privacy fence, padlocked gate, etc. I just didn't take into account my mom who was in the first stages of Alzheimers leaving the gate open!

Yes, I am all for training, and like I said, I probably do much stricter and formal training than most folks but dogs are opportunists! And many are escape artists of the first degree!

Heck! I know a woman whose pitbull escaped the house by destroying her A/C! You can't flame a person who left her dog at home in a nice air conditioned environment, can you?

Denise

Mom to the late Cyrus the Fluffweiler CGC forever in my heart and James the Alpha cat
Luvmyrottnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvmyrottnboy For This Useful Post:
auburnchick (08-18-2007)