Thread: I'm melting~
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 03:07 AM   #23
AnnaT
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post

We actually considered getting a/c a few years ago and because we have such a small yard the city said we couldn't put the a/c unit in the backyard or side yard...only out front.

I've seen these Mr. Slim a/c units advertised on TV and am going to have a serious look at them.

Jan, this is what everyone in Greece has, when they have air conditioning at all. They are great, and we installed one in our bedroom and the guest bedroom so at least we could sleep like normal people and not be miserable. But anyway! Are you aware, though, that there's a big outside part to this? They seem to downplay it on this website. The cute, remote-controlled inside part is only half of it. The outside part can be pretty big, but ours is very quiet. If you are near the outside unit you just hear rushing air. The inside unit hardly makes any noise at all.

The good part is, you don't have to put it right behind the place on the wall where the indoor unit is. If you look at the picture on the website, you can see there's no big outdoor unit right behind it, over the window. It's been placed somewhere else with longer tubes and cables.

Here's pictures of the indoor and outdoor unit for our guest bedroom. The outdoor unit is on the balcony outside the guest room and you can see how they ran a tube over to that side of the door. We had to put it in this weird place or else put it over a 2-story drop. Luckily I just use this balcony for drying clothes and a storage unit.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	indoor.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	43266  Click image for larger version

Name:	oudoor.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	43267  
AnnaT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AnnaT For This Useful Post: