View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
IamtheWalter
Ribbing the Cuff

Okay, here's the pics of the poofs: both 3 grams. The one on the left is wool (falkland wool, the whitest wool I had) the one on the right is angora. I dyed it with a packet of black cherry koolaid in the microwave, they were both in the same dyebath. Even though I let both fibers soak for two hours before dyeing, they still came out uneven, perhaps because I used a shallow dyebath.

The angora is a tad bit lighter but it did dye about the same shade that the wool did.

One thing that's not totally apparent in the pic, the wool poof dyed relatively uniformly but the angora poof is alot darker on the surface than on the inside which was pink in spots. Both fibers were in the exact same dyebath, so too much acid isn't the reason. Either the angora fiber takes dye so readily that it exhausted before it had a chance to dye the inside evenly, or the angora fiber, being denser than wool because of the lack of crimp, acted as it's own resist.

Well, there you go, angora dyes pretty darn nicely, if I do say so myself. And yes, I washed the angora poof in warm soapy water and the color did not run.

Last edited by IamtheWalter : 09-07-2007 at 05:47 AM.
IamtheWalter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IamtheWalter For This Useful Post:
jeanius80 (09-12-2007)