View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Oddball Lapghan #2 is COMPLETE!!!!!
Yes, it's time to start another Oddball Lapghan!!

I already have 8 knitters on the list, using those who have signed up to be pinch knitters on our Oddball projects. All knitters will be arranged according to smoking and allergy preferences.

If you are interested in being an Oddball Knitter, just send me a private message, and include your mailing address, as well as listing any allergies you may have to yarn or pets or smoke. I also need to know if you have pets in your home, or if you're a smoker.

Our lap afghan will measure 42 inches by 50 inches when it is complete. I'll be doing the border all around when it's done, so that leaves 40 by 48 inches for all the knitters to work on. So, I'm casting on 200 stitches for this blanket, and we will need 16 knitters, doing about 3 inches each.

Once again, we will be using washable worsted weight yarn. I will have the stitches on a size 8 circular needle, ready to travel and be worked on. I'll get the needle back when we finish the blanket, and use it to start another.

I'm going to go ahead and start the lapghan and mail it to chan58, since she's in Canada. That way we'll be one step ahead of the game with the wait to and from Canada.

Here's our list of knitters so far:
(the list is NOT in order yet)

Shandeh (NC)
chan58 (Canada)
carole_ny (NY)
LilHuskiesFootBallMom (NY)
wildforyarn (WI)
hellokitty165 (WI)
cdjack (TX)
karne (MO)

We just need 8 more knitters to get started.

We will start by using new knitters who have not yet participated in an Oddball project.

Last edited by Shandeh : 07-07-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote